Minor heroes of the East Coast garage-psych boom of the late '60s, the Druids of Stonehenge were a New York-based band. With an average age of 17, the group formed as the Druids in 1965, and that November a lineup comprised of Budge, guitarists Carl Hauser and Billy Tracy, bassist Tim Workman, and drummer Steve Tindall entered Manhattan's Nola Studios. This first session produced versions of "Who Do You Love," "Baby Please Don't Go," "Pretty Thing," and "I Put a Spell on You"; further sessions cut over the next year or so included similarly seething covers of Bo Diddley's "I (Who Have Nothing)" and "Bald Headed Woman." These earliest recordings have since been compiled onto a self-titled Sundazed mini-album, selections and performances that place the band firmly in the Rolling Stones/Pretty Things-flavored camp of brutally high-octane R&B.
However, no further releases were forthcoming and the Druids of Stonehenge broke up in 1969. Occasional partial reunions have taken place in recent years, including a very well-received show in New York in late April 2008.(allmusic.com)
Great garage album by the Druids Of Stonehenge. From beginning till the end of the album truly great. Just listen to ''It's All Over Now, Baby Blue''.
Have fun
Frank Flac part 1 & Flac part 2 mp3@320




I enjoyed this....thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletegreat band. I wish there was a better reproduction and in stereo...
ReplyDeleteany chance for a copy of the self-titled 7-track 10"?
thanks for all the sharing!
Hello anonymous, yeah but this release hadn't the original masters. I believe Sundazed made a release, but i know nothing about the quality of the Sundazed release.. And i am sorry but i don't have the 7 track 10''.
DeleteKind regards
Frank
Thank you for this album!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for this. I was not aware of it before.
ReplyDelete"Stonehenge, where the demons dwell
ReplyDeleteWhere the banshees live and they do live well"