Wednesday, 9 August 2017

A Great Man Is Gone: Glen Campbell The Big Bad Rock Guitar Of Glen Campbell 1965 (2016 Olday Records CD) Flac & mp3@320


You all surely heard the sad news, Glen Campbell has died. Glen Campbell, the indelible voice behind 21 Top 40 hits including "Rhinestone Cowboy," "Wichita Lineman" and "By the Time I Get to Phoenix," died Tuesday. He was 81. During a career that spanned six decades, Campbell sold over 45 million records. In 1968, one of his biggest years, he outsold the Beatles.







I feel very sad about that, and that had happened to me only to a few musicians before. I thought about this today morning and asked myself why it comes that close to my heart. Maybe it is because i realized that this man probably is the guitar player i have heard the most in my life. Not because he was my number one role model as a guitar player but he had played on so much songs we all know and a lot, really a lot are favourite songs of me. This thoughts come to my mind and i think i was never before that conscious about that. I searched the web this morning, looked pictures, read stories about his career, his life and his disease. I have a nostalgic feeling and i think it is because his music touched my life the whole time. Often unconscious, sometimes conscious. I hope and wish that he is now at a better place. 
Thank you, Glen Campbell.





Here is ''The Big Bad Rock Guitar Of Glen Campbell'' from 1965. Hope you will like it.

                      Flac & mp3@320



 
 

2 comments:

  1. The one of his that i was desperately looking for in lossless is Glen Campbell ‎– Reunion: The Songs Of Jimmy Webb (1974), a great little album, good songwriting by Jimmy Webb etc. an underrated gem

    ReplyDelete