Monday, 13 March 2017

Marvelous '60s UK pop from The Secrets feat. Clifford T.Ward: Infatuation; Singles & Demos 1966-1968 Flac

The Secrets feat. Clifford T Ward - Infatuation: Singles & Demos 1966-1968

"Infatuation: Singles & Demos 1966-1968" by the Secrets, a young UK combo largely relegated to footnotes and factual tidbits that mention Clifford T. Ward's involvement as leader, and the fact that he wrote future UK psych masterpiece "Path Through The Forest" (popularised by The Factory) whilst a member of this group. Little that has been previously written would suggest that further investigation was necessary, yet this packed to the gills 28 track collection is a compelling document of exceptionally well written sixties pop, which on occasion suggests a poppier UK counterpoint to Arthur Lee's early material, minus the political commentary. Ward's vocals are often a dead-ringer for Lee's, and there are similarities in the minor key jangle that can't be shaken off, once noticed.

Psych influences are mild here, but the flavour of the era is inescapible and those with a thing for extremely melodic, well crafted sixties guitar pop will swoon over this collection, which includes both sides of each of their five singles, as well as a raft of unusually worthy demos and studio outtakes, including two quite different takes of Ward's classic "Path Through the Forest", which, despite its legendary status, can't compete with the earworm immediacy of "Keeping My Head Above Water" and "Naughty Boy". Exceptional.(review then back by active listener.com)


I don't understand why this guys didn't climb the charts back in the days of british pop psychedelia mid till end of the sixties. The songs got all a successful song must have but maybe they was not ''psychedelic'' enough. However this is a collection of really great british sixties pop music. 28 songs here and only little  filler. You will have a lot of fun.
Cheers
           SB1   new link
Link expire 2017-04-06

   alternative link

12 comments:

  1. Hello rolo, i don't know what is the reason for your problems with mega. Maybe you should try another browser. Sorry for that.
    Kind regards
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem downloading with MEGA. This is the message you get when the file is nowhere near the amount to download
    To download files larger than 1GB, please install MEGAsync. Can you please use Zippyshare

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: Can you please install MEGAsync. It's for free and why you don't use it?
    Best regards
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your advice SuperBillie but tried your recommendation which was TOO complicated and I think Mega compromised my e'mail password so I changed that.Sadly I will have to give this CD a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the new link got to 99% and then the usual shit about files larger than 1gb I absolutely hate MEGA I never have any problems with other downloaders except MEGA in all the years I've been using music downloads
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Geoff, i will do this for one time. I hope you understand that i can't do that with every post. I post the link in a few minutes.
      Cheers Frank

      Delete
  6. Geoff, the link is up. I delete tomorrow.
    Kind regards
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Frank
    Many thanks for your patience and perseverance I have tried using your new link to no avail. I think my security Kaspersky may be blocking Mega as they keep trying to break in to my system and I am not prepared to let them in.
    Kind regards
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Geoff, i send you yesterday a mediafire link. Have you tried? It's the one in the Secrets post called ''alternative link''.

      Delete
  8. Whoopee!!! Frank many thanks for the Mediafire link I finally got the download,you're a star. I have a massive collection of 60's Cds which I converted to MP3 if there's anything you are looking for please give me a contact and I can possibly send to you in Flac
    Regards

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Geoff, that sounds great. You know i'm in love with 60's music. Please contact me at: dtbm63@gmail.com
    Kind regards
    Frank

    ReplyDelete